Wednesday, October 14, 2009
On other notes, no post yesterday just because I had nothing to say. It was a long, boring, cold, wet day, with nothing at all worth talking about.
Monday, October 12, 2009
I also did not laugh hysterically when my 8 month old laid himself on the floor, flopped around like a fish, and whined pitifully. (If this is his idea of a tantrum I’m in for an entertaining few years)
I absolutely did not share a bowl of chili mac with my 8 month old then hope his father would get stuck with that diaper.
I did not wish it wasn’t my 33rd birthday already.
I did not cheat on my diet at all. Not me, I would never have birthday cake while on a diet. And I did not continue to eat pieces of said cake throughout the weekend.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Saturday, October 10, 2009
This morning is our local Parents as Teachers Down on the Farm. Of course it is cold and damp, but we will be bundling up and heading out to see the animals and take a hay ride. I will try for some postable pictures, but my camera is a piece of junk so no promises.
Friday, October 9, 2009
1. First to get it out of the way, everyone around me seems to be in football mode and for me baseball isn’t even over yet. Kinda bugs me that the seasons over-lap like that, I am not a big enough of a sports nut to want to follow/watch two or more sports in one time period.
And on that same note: Come on Cards, get it together. I know ya got it in you.
2. I have been following several blogs for a year or more now. And while I really would like to do daily updates to a blog and possibly make new friends through it, I just don’t think my life is interesting enough or that I am funny enough for anyone else to enjoy reading this thing.
3. Today is picture day for Corbin. Hard to believe another year has past and my little girl is in third grade. I can remember third grade so clearly, how is it I have a third grader? A few weeks ago she put quite a large chip in her right top front tooth and I was going over this morning with her to please smile without showing teeth and hope to be able to fix it soon.
4. Yesterday for my birthday I think I got more happy wishes then in the last five years combined thanks to Facebook and all the old friends I have reconnected with there. I love being able to see where all my high school friends are and what they are up to, and pictures of their kids. In fact just in the last week one welcomed a new daughter and updated FB through out the day while his wife was in labor. I think it is wonderful how much closer we can all feel with the internet to connect us across the miles.
5. Jax was toothless until about 7 weeks ago and now the kid is breaking in his 5th tooth. At this rate by 10 months he’ll have all his teeth but his first set of molars. So much for my hope he would take after me and be toothless at a year, LoL.
6. Speaking of my birthday, I think I may be getting a ring from TJ. All week he has been asking about my ring size (which I was unsure of) then yesterday after a brief private call with his mom he stole my ring and left for about 20 minutes. MIL sells Avon and the have a beautiful opal ring I have been quietly eyeing for months now and I really hope that is what this is all about.
7. Wow, now I see even more how boring my life is. It is hard to come up with even 7 small topics to blog. But I vow to continue with this. And if by chance anyone ever starts reading this, I hope things can get a bit more interesting.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Friday, August 14, 2009
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Birth Weight & Length: 6lbs 3.6oz 17.5in
1 Week Weight & Length: 6lbs 3oz 19in
One Month Weight & Length: 9lbs 10oz 20.5in
Two Month Weight & Length: 12lbs 14oz 21in
What a little piggy I have! Over double his birth weight in just two months. I think we have a big boy just like his brother was. Corbin was 13lbs at 9 months, but was never as big an eater as Jax already is.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Friday, March 20, 2009
Jax will be two months old on Monday. I can't believe how fast it has gone. We go next Friday for his two month check-up it'll be interesting to see how much he's grown, but I hate that he'll have to get shots. He is wearing mostly 3-6 month shirts but his 0-3 month pants are too long and fit great in the waist. He is getting longer but it is all in his torso. Posted a few new pictures of him and well be trying to get more and a video this weekend. He is smiling and cooing, sits up for short periods in his boppy pillow, and has started sleeping 6-7 hour stretches at night/early morning. He is still such a good baby, most crying is from hunger and rarely anything else.
My job interview yesterday went great, I'll know something early next week they said and would start early next month with orientation/training. Keeping my fingers crossed.
My fave new picture of Jax:
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
One month old today! It's going by so fast and he is growing like crazy. I'll post some pictures today and maybe try to get a bit of video today as well.
In other news: I am now down 30lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm nearly half way there. But I'm being realistic: I am aiming for Jax's first birthday. So bring on the warmer weather, I'm ready to get out and walk.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
They just posted it on-line today. I love it.
Monday, January 26, 2009
38 weeks and 2 days gestation
6 pounds 3.6 ounces
APGAR scores 9 and 9
I awoke at 5am on Friday January 23rd after the best nights sleep I had gotten in weeks. I sat at the computer in the living room checking e-mails and reading message boards while waiting for it to be time for DD Corbin to get up and ready for school. Around 6AM, just before Corbin was due to get up, I decided to get up and go pee before I got busy helping her. When I stood up I got a quick small gush, hoping it was what I thought it was, I hurried off to the bathroom. When I sat down on the toilet it happened again. So with out going pee I stood back up to find clear cloudy toilet water. 15 minutes later it was continuing to leak whenever I changed position. Corbin was up by then but rather then say anything to her I helped her get ready same as ever and put her on the bus at 7AM. I had already woke DH T.J. and gave him a heads up. I had decided as long as there was no contractions I would wait until my OB’s office opened and call them rather then call L&D or go right in. From 7AM to 9AM T.J. and I got things together and made one last run to Wal-Mart so I could pick up some nursing bras. Just after 9AM I called the OB’s office and his nurse told me to head on in to the hospital and she would call and let them know I was coming. Ran to Sonic to get T.J. a bite to eat then off to the hospital.
10AM checked into L&D and told I am only 3cm and 75% effaced. Having a few minor contractions, but nothing serious. Midwife came in and told me my OB would be unavailable till after 3PM, so until then she would handle my labor and or delivery. Since my water had broken at 6 they were only willing to let me go till noon to see if something would happen or if I would need a push. My big concern was they really wanted to use Pitocin to push labor, and I had a rough time of it with Pit during my first L&D. So off I went to walk a bit, first heading over to my unit (all the way across the hospital) to let them know I was there and baby was coming that day. Went back to my room and just kind of hung out waiting with T.J. and his mom. At 12:30ish my favorite L&D nurse Dawn (she was at Corbin’s birth and was my OB instructor in LPN school) checked me and I was still only a 3 with only minor contractions. At this time T.J. went to go fetch Corbin from school. And so the hard part began for me. At 1:15PM still a 3 I was started on Pit. By 1:30 the contractions started with a vengeance. As 3pm arrived I felt like I was being tore in half and knew if it wasn’t over soon I might just cave on the epidural. I was checked and about screamed when she said I was a 7. At 3:15 I was given Demerol IV and they went a head and started to set up the room. Quickly I was telling them the pressure was building and I would soon need to push. I was coached through breathing through several contractions (and told them that even without pushing I could feel the head moving down) until my OB arrived and they started me pushing. Even this seemed harder then with my other two though I know it only last about 15 minutes. Soon Doc was telling me the head was clear and there was no cord around his neck but he had a hand tucked under his chin. I then reached down and pulled him out and up onto my belly where he immediately started to scream. They clamped his cord and just as Corbin (who was by my side for all the delivery) was about to cut it he nearly peed on her. After I delivered the placenta my Doc showed it to Corbin and explained it all to her (have I said before how much I LOVE him). His APGAR scores were 9 and 9, so he is tiny but strong and healthy. I couldn’t be happier that it all turned out so perfect, even though I was disappointed to need the Demerol, and thrilled to death I caught him (something I have wanted to do since before we started TTC). So all in all 9.75 hours from water break to delivery and only 2.5 hours from 3cm start of contractions to delivery. Also I would have never thought it possible but I have fallen even more in love with T.J., he has been so incredible these last few days.