Friday, October 9, 2009

Seven Quick Takes

My first attempt at this one, so bear with me.
1. First to get it out of the way, everyone around me seems to be in football mode and for me baseball isn’t even over yet. Kinda bugs me that the seasons over-lap like that, I am not a big enough of a sports nut to want to follow/watch two or more sports in one time period.
And on that same note: Come on Cards, get it together. I know ya got it in you.
2. I have been following several blogs for a year or more now. And while I really would like to do daily updates to a blog and possibly make new friends through it, I just don’t think my life is interesting enough or that I am funny enough for anyone else to enjoy reading this thing.
3. Today is picture day for Corbin. Hard to believe another year has past and my little girl is in third grade. I can remember third grade so clearly, how is it I have a third grader? A few weeks ago she put quite a large chip in her right top front tooth and I was going over this morning with her to please smile without showing teeth and hope to be able to fix it soon.
4. Yesterday for my birthday I think I got more happy wishes then in the last five years combined thanks to Facebook and all the old friends I have reconnected with there. I love being able to see where all my high school friends are and what they are up to, and pictures of their kids. In fact just in the last week one welcomed a new daughter and updated FB through out the day while his wife was in labor. I think it is wonderful how much closer we can all feel with the internet to connect us across the miles.
5. Jax was toothless until about 7 weeks ago and now the kid is breaking in his 5th tooth. At this rate by 10 months he’ll have all his teeth but his first set of molars. So much for my hope he would take after me and be toothless at a year, LoL.
6. Speaking of my birthday, I think I may be getting a ring from TJ. All week he has been asking about my ring size (which I was unsure of) then yesterday after a brief private call with his mom he stole my ring and left for about 20 minutes. MIL sells Avon and the have a beautiful opal ring I have been quietly eyeing for months now and I really hope that is what this is all about.
7. Wow, now I see even more how boring my life is. It is hard to come up with even 7 small topics to blog. But I vow to continue with this. And if by chance anyone ever starts reading this, I hope things can get a bit more interesting.

No comments: