Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts

I am Amanda Jill, or AJ.  My life story can be found HEREI am 34yo and work full-time as a nurse in a skilled nursing/rehab unit at my local hospital.  I have 3 kids.  DS Bailey is 15yo and lives full-time with my parents.  DD Corbin is 9yo and is HF ASD or Asperger’s.  DS Jax is 2yo and my wild child.  Hubby TJ and I will celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary in May and have been together most of the last 10 years as of April.  TJ is the stay-at-home parent and it has worked out pretty well for us.

I just took this one this evening.
1. Growing up becoming a nurse never crossed my mind, in fact I tell people I kind of fell into being a nurse. (Guess that could be a blog post all its own)


2. I would like to get my RN BSN (Registered Nurse, Bachelor’s of Nursing) and work in OB. Maybe even go on for my Masters and become a Nurse Midwife.

3. When I got pregnant with Jax it was after two years of TTC and just two months after I had lost hope and accepted that it wasn’t going to happen for us.

4. I own no skirts or dresses. I hate them. I bought a skirt to wear for my sister’s wedding last May and have since got rid of it. I looked hideous in it.

5. I want to get a tattoo, but my OCD is one of the things holding me back. I feel like I must wait until I have decided on the perfect placement and have found an artist I trust to get it exactly like I have it pictured in my head. (In other words, it may never happen)

6. I started school in kindergarten at the local public school. When my parents got married I went to my dad’s old catholic school for 4th, 5th, and 6th grade. Half-way through 7th grade my parents transferred me back to the public school. It was strange to reconnect with kids I had started school with but hadn’t even spoken to for 3+ years, but most of them remembered me.

7. Every few years I cut my hair off. It is something I have done since my teens. I grow my hair out, it gets super long, and I get tired of it and chop it short. Right now I am in a grow it out stage from cutting it last summer.

8. Sometimes I feel like TJ is the only person in the world who really knows me and understands me. And while I love that he and I are so connected, it can feel a bit lonely to only have him.

9. I am one of those few people who loved high school and would like to go back to those days sometimes. I was so confident back then and while I do remember some drama issues I shrugged most things off.

10. My grandmother has complained that to look in my closet is depressing. Full of grays, blues, and blacks. I have added a few pieces of color since she said this, but need to do better.

11. I love to read. In fact combine my love of reading and my ADD and my mom had to stop leaving the cereal boxes on the table during breakfast. Even if I had just read all four sides of the box the day before I would reread them just for something to do while I was eating.

12. I have a love/hate relationship with shoes. I love how the right shoes can make an outfit and am always tempted to buy cute pairs, but I hate wearing shoes and during the warm months I am either bare foot or in my flip flops as much as possible.

13. I can’t spell. I love spell check. I’ve been told that it is unusual for someone who was one an early reader and two loves reading as much as I do to be THIS bad at spelling.

14. Even though I suck at spelling, I was always the one to come to for proof reading regarding word usage and grammar in high school.

15. I feel like my brain has shrunk since high school. Is it possible to get dumber as you get older, because I sure feel like it when helping DD with 4th grade homework?



Wow, that wasn’t too bad. I think I came up with some good things.



No comments: